Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) Steps, Benefits & Precautions: Yoga has become the first choice not only of Indians but also of foreigners To remain healthy in present times. Ancient yoga styles can prove efficient to protect the body from diseases and other problems. Yoga helps in keeping a person healthy, not only physically but mentally as well.
There has also been much scientific research on Yoga and Pranayama’s subjects, in which these have been found beneficial. Although there are many types of yoga, today we have brought this article for you; in this article, you will know what is Bhujangasana, how to do Bhujangasana and the benefits of Bhujangasana and the right way to do Bhujangasana What happens, so let’s begin.
- What is Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)?
- Why important to do Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)?
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) Benefits
- Important Tips for Bhujangasan (Cobra Pose)
- Baba Ramdev Bhujangasana Yoga (Cobra Pose) Step By Step Instructions
- Right, Technique To Do Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) Steps By Steps Procedure
- What Are The Precautions To Be Taken While Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
What is Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)?
One of the 12 asanas of Surya Namaskar is Bhujangasana, and this asana is an essential part of performing Surya Namaskar. This asana is a vital posture of Suryanamaskar and Padma Sadhana which is highly beneficial for our body. This posture is taken from two Sanskrit words Bhujangasan, Bhujang and Asanas. Bhujang – snake, meaning snake. and Asana – Posture.
It is called cobra pose in English, meaning “Sarpasana”, because when practicing this Yogasana, the body shape looks like a snake with a spread of fun.
Why important to do Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)?
This asana has many benefits in terms of health; For this reason, it is also done in Surya Namaskar. When this Yogasana is done, it gives an excellent stretch to your whole body. This asana can be helpful in making your chest and waist muscles flexible and it is a very effective asana for back pain patients.
Doing this beneficial posture daily provides strength to the shoulders, hands, elbows, back and back pain, kidney and liver, and gets rid of many diseases. Everyone can do this asana, from children to older men.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) Benefits
Many physical and mental problems can be relieved by the benefits of Bhujangasana; let’s know what the benefits of Bhujangasana are-
1. Benefits of Bhujangasana improves blood circulation:
Active blood circulation in the body is the key to staying healthy. One of the best benefits and main advantages of Bhujang asana and is that it helps you in improving blood circulation. Once the body’s blood circulation is good, your body’s cells get enough nutrients and oxygen. Better blood circulation also helps maintain hormonal balance.
2. The benefits of Bhujangasana reduce the irregularity of menstruation:
This Yogasana is considered very beneficial for women; this asana helps control menstrual irregularities and reduce menstruation pain.
3. Benefits of Bhujangasana increase digestion power:
The way Bhujangasana is performed directly affects the digestive system. This asana is a very effective yoga for the stomach, yoga relieves stomach problems, which improves digestion power. By practicing this asana, stretching of the stomach takes place, making the abdominal organs’ work very easy.
4. Benefits of Bhujangasana strengthens the spine:
This asana helps in relieving spinal problems. By doing this asana, your back gets extended well, so it helps strengthen your spine. This asana can reduce body stiffness and relieve shoulder, chest and neck pain.
5. Benefits of Bhujangasana reduce weight and abdominal fat:
Those who want to lose weight naturally should practice this yoga asana; this asana is considered an excellent workout that can help reduce belly fat naturally as it reduces abdominal fat. Stretches the muscles, which helps in reducing weight.
6. Benefits of Bhujangasana reduce stress:
Yoga and Pranayama are considered a panacea remedy to reduce stress; while practicing this yoga asana, certain hormones are released inside the body, which relieves stress, anxiety, depression, fatigue, etc.
7. Benefits of Bhujangasana eliminate sciatica pain:
Nerve & Vein pain is called sciatica, this pain often starts from the lower back and spreads to the legs. If you follow the guidelines and, instructions carefully, it can give you relief from sciatica pain.
8. Benefits of Bhujangasana relieves asthma:
Practicing this yoga asana is beneficial for patients with asthma. When this asana is practiced and we lift our head upwards, the chest also has to be pulled upward, which helps to open the chest and improve the lungs’ ability to expand, thereby increasing oxygen. Does well With this asana, symptoms of asthma can be reduced.
9. Benefits of Bhujangasana in making bones flexible:
People who perform Bhujangasana have a solid and flexible backbone and are more potent than before. Besides, it helps to strengthen the muscles of the chest, shoulders, arms and abdomen.
Important Tips for Bhujangasan (Cobra Pose)
The best time to practice this asana is in the morning. Practicing Bhujangasana is considered more beneficial on an empty stomach Therefore it should be practiced on an empty stomach. One should eat at least 4 hours before doing this asana; this is enough time to digest food in our gut.
Bhujangasana should be done up to three times initially, i.e. one set of twenty seconds to thirty seconds, and three such sets should be done. After gradually getting used to this easy, you can increase the time to do this asana. This posture should be stopped for a maximum of thirty seconds.
Baba Ramdev Bhujangasana Yoga (Cobra Pose) Step By Step Instructions
Right, Technique To Do Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) Steps By Steps Procedure
For doing any asana, you should choose a good place where you feel comfortable practising yoga; making yourself feel comfortable is the initial yoga stage. Let’s know how to do Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)–
- First of all, lay a yoga mat and lie on it on your stomach.
- Place your feet on the ground with fingers or keep the soles of the feet up towards the ceiling.
- Keep your feet straight and open together.
- Now place the palms of your hands near the chest on either side of the shoulder or head.
- Keep your shoulder or forehead straight on the ground.
- Now you have to take a deep breath and raise your upper body upwards.
- It would be best if you first raised the head, then the chest and finally the area up to the navel.
- Now you have to try to raise the body, for this, keep the palms of the hands equal to your shoulders and raise the body up to the navel by pressing the hands towards the ground.
- Now straighten both hands, raise the neck, and try to look towards the sky and stay in the same position for 15-30 seconds.
- Keep the weight of your body equal on both hands and keep breathing normally.
- Keep in mind that the entire body should not be lifted from the ground below your belly or navel.
- Relax, bend the back as much as you can, do not force or force too much.
- Now slowly release your breath and return to your initial state.
What Are The Precautions To Be Taken While Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Along with knowing how to do Cobra Pose, it is also necessary to learn about some precautions related to it, let us know what precaution a person should take while performing Bhujangasana. So now let’s know Who should not do cobra pose?
- Pregnant women, people suffering from hernias and ulcers or who have fractures in the wrists or ribs should not do this asana.
- Avoid doing this asana if you have recently had an abdominal operation.
- Do not treat Bhujangasana even in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- If you have any kind of back injury, do not do this asana.
- If you have recently suffered a physical injury, then practice this asana only after proper consultation with a doctor.
- If you have been ill for a long time or are suffering from a spinal disorder, practice this asana under a yoga instructor’s supervision.
Hope that after knowing all these Steps and benefits, you will never have to say How to do the Cobra Pose Bhujangasana Steps, Benefits & Precautions.
To stay connected with us, you can subscribe to our site, through which you will get to read our articles first. To subscribe to the website, you must press the bell icon given below, if you have already subscribed to us, then you do not need to do this again and again.