Kegel Exercise: Step, Benefits And Precautions: Exercise is the best and easiest way to get better health and a healthy body. This not only strengthens the muscles of the body but also keeps you fit and healthy. At the same time, the body’s immunity also improves. But keep in mind that it is important to have a balanced diet along with exercise. So let’s start without wasting time Kegel Exercise.
- How is Kegel Exercise Beneficial?
- What is Kegel Exercise?
- Perfect Time To Do Kegel Exercise?
- Why Do Kegel Exercises?
- Finding The Pelvic Floor Muscles in Women
- Finding The Pelvic Floor Muscles in Men
- Goals and Benefits of Kegel Exercises
- How To Do Kegel Exercise Step By Step Procedure
- How Effective is Kegel Exercise
- Kegel Exercise Precautions and Cautions
How is Kegel Exercise Beneficial?
Exercise is the best and easiest way to get better health and a healthy body. Exercise improves the immunity of the body, but by doing them, the muscles of the body are also strengthened while you remain fit and healthy. There are many exercises to keep the body fit, but today we will learn about a particular type of Exercise called Kegel Exercise.
The Exercise is called kegel because this Exercise was discovered by Dr Arnold Kegel, an American gynaecologist who first presented it to the world in 1948. This Exercise has quickly gained popularity among the public to manage urinary incontinence and pelvic circulation.
With this practice, it is very helpful for men whose private part has not received full uplift. Over the years, it has been proven that this exercise also helps reduce the problem of premature ejaculation for men; for people with premature ejaculation, this Exercise is nothing less than a boon.
This Exercise helps control pregnant women (urinary incontinence, unwanted and involuntary leakage of urine) and early recovery after childbirth.
Also Read: 7 Effective Yoga for Erectile dysfunction
What is Kegel Exercise?
Kegel exercise or pelvic floor exercise is a type of Exercise that involves alternately squeezing and releasing your pelvic floor muscles (Clench-and-Release). Pelvic floor exercise is done to strengthen the pelvic (pelvic) floor muscles. This involves focusing on the pelvic muscles to keep them narrower for a while and then loosen up later.
The pelvic floor contains the muscles between your tailbone and the pubic bone; in simple words, the muscles below your hip bones. These muscles support various organs such as the bladder, rectum, anus, uterus and vagina in women and the bladder, rectum, and anus in men.
When these muscles become weak, the organ concerned loses control and fails to function correctly, resulting in loss of control over urine, faeces, and gas discharge.
Exercising all these muscles through kegel or pelvic floor exercises will help you gain control over defecation, urination and air passing.
Perfect Time To Do Kegel Exercise?
Kegel pelvic floor exercises can be done at any time while you are sitting or lying down. Try to do at least 30 to 40 kegel exercises every day. You can do them while you’re eating, sitting at your desk, driving, and while you’re relaxing or watching television. This exercise is related to strengthening the genital muscles called pelvic muscles.
The pelvic area’s blood flow goes smoothly, and the pelvic muscles or pelvic region muscles become more substantial. The muscles that are used to stop in between while urinating are called pelvic muscles.
Its practice before morning freshening or after brushing helps prevent urinary tract problems. Besides, doing the kegel exercise briefly before sex helps to avoid erectile dysfunction and helps to prolong the sex process.
Why Do Kegel Exercises?
Both women and men can benefit from this exercise. Several factors can weaken the pelvic floor in women, such as pregnancy, childbirth, ageing, and weight gain. The pelvic floor muscles support the womb, bladder, and bowel. If the muscles are weak, then these pelvic organelles can shrink into the woman’s vagina. In addition to being extremely uncomfortable, it can also cause urinary incontinence.
Men may also experience weakness of their pelvic floor muscles. It can cause incontinence of both urine and faeces, especially if you have undergone prostate surgery.
Finding The Pelvic Floor Muscles in Women
When you start this exercises for the first time, it can be challenging to find muscles’ right set. A simple way to find them is by placing a clean finger inside your vagina and tightening your vaginal muscles around your finger.
You can also detect muscles by trying to stop the flow of urine. The muscles you are using to perform this activity are your pelvic floor muscles. Get used to how they feel when they contract and relax.
Talk to your gynaecologist if you are still not sure that you have got the right muscles. They may recommend you to use an object called a vaginal cone. You insert a vaginal cone into the vagina and then use your pelvic floor muscles to hold it. Biofeedback training can also be beneficial in identifying or helping your pelvic floor muscles.
Finding The Pelvic Floor Muscles in Men
Often men have this type of trouble in identifying the right group of pelvic floor muscles. For men, one way to find them is to insert a finger into the rectum and try to tighten the muscles as if you are trying to hold urine – without strengthening the powers of the abdomen, buttocks, or thighs.
Another helpful method is to strain the muscles that prevent you from passing gas. If you are still having trouble, then practice stopping the flow of urine. It is a reliable method of locating the pelvic floor muscles with women, but it should not be a regular exercise.
Biofeedback can also help men locate pelvic floor muscles. If you are having trouble finding them on your own, you can consult with your doctor.
Goals and Benefits of Kegel Exercises
Here below, we have listed the following kegel exercise benefits for women and men, which you should know, so let’s know about What are the benefits of Kegel exercises?
1. Benefits of Kegel Exercise for Women
In women, the problem of inability to control urine increases because they have weakened pelvic muscles. The problem starts to subside gradually due to the Kegel exercise. Women get the following benefits from performing exercises, such as –
- Doing Kegel Exercise during pregnancy prepares your body for standard delivery.
- Doing this Exercise Increases sexual excitement during sex.
- It helps in controlling urine.
- Back pain also ends.
- By performing Kegel exercises, the women’s body is ready for menopause.
- Improves delivery experience
2. Benefits of Kegel Exercise for Men
Doctors recommend doing Kegel exercises to correct several men’s problems. You can do this Exercise anywhere; it does not require any equipment. Men get the following benefits from performing kegel exercises, such as –
- It improves sexual ability and will help you control your orgasm.
- Frequent urination at night is controlled by kegel exercise.
- Practicing Kegel Exercise day to day will improve the amount of ejaculation. In this way, your organism will become stronger.
- This practice can stop the growth of pelvic organs.
- Kegel exercises strengthen the pelvic area and increase blood circulation to the penis, allowing long-term stimulation of the penis.
- It helps in correcting the problem of non-control of urine.
How To Do Kegel Exercise Step By Step Procedure
To do this correctly, you first need to identify your pelvic floor muscles. Once you have done this, you can follow our suggested method for kegel exercise. So let’s know Steps to do kegel exercise–
- You can do this anywhere, but choose a quiet place to sit or lie down if you are at home.
- Get to know the kegel muscles.
- These are the muscles that you use to stop the flow of urine while urinating.
- Once you recognize these muscles, then breathe normally and tighten these muscles for five seconds.
- Then, relax the muscles for five seconds and repeat the same process. When you do this exercise, your stomach, waist and thigh muscles should not be tight.
- Repeat this process 10 to 20 times.
- Do this three times throughout the day.
How Effective is Kegel Exercise
- For effective results, Kegel Exercise should be done at least three times a day or a maximum of 5 times per day (morning, afternoon and night).
- It will take 4 to 6 weeks for regular kegel exercises to show any apparent results.
- Remember, it is not the amount or number of exercises you do every day; you can do it less by yourself, but it matters the most to see good quality results.
Kegel Exercise Precautions and Cautions
Kegel pelvic floor exercises have many advantages in strengthening the pelvic muscles. However, while doing these exercises, you should be aware of some precautions that can benefit you. Some of them are described below, So now Let’s know what precautions should be taken during kegel exercise-
- After getting an original idea about Kegel Exercise, do not intentionally employ them while urinating. Even if you do this, it should not be more than twice a month. If you try kegel exercise while urinating regularly, it may cause weakening of the pelvic floor muscles, which can eventually lead to urinary, bladder and kidney dysfunction.
- Vigorous or incorrect Exercise of kegel exercise can cause excessive tightness of the vaginal muscles in women, which can cause pain during sexual intercourse
- Increasing the frequency of Kegel Exercise will not speed up the muscle tightening or toning process. Excessive weight on the pelvic floor muscles will cause muscle fatigue which can only increase urinary leakage.
- If you stop practicing Kegel Exercise, urinary or fecal incontinence may recur. To maintain muscle strength, you need to do it all your life.
- Do not expect to regain control of your pelvic muscles within a week of starting the kegel exercise. It can take months to see precise results. Be patient while adopting kegel for master control over pelvic floor muscles.
After knowing all these qualities, we hope you will never have to say how to do Kegel exercises and Kegel Exercises Steps And Benefits benefits.
To stay connected with us, you can subscribe to our site, through which you will get to read our articles first. To subscribe to the website, you must press the bell icon given below, if you have already subscribed to us, then you do not need to do this again and again.