Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Steps, Benefits and Precautions: Yoga can help freshen the body and keep the mind calm. Although there are many Yogasanas for this, in this article we will only talk about Seated forward bend pose yoga.
The article explains in detail how to do Paschimottanasana and the benefits of the Paschimottanasana as well as the disadvantages of the Paschimottanasana.
It is also important for us to know that just doing a Paschimottanasana will not do any miracle. Along with this, it is also important to eat a nutritious diet and maintain a balanced lifestyle.
- What is Paschimottanasana Yoga Pose (Seated forward bend pose)
- Preparatory poses
- How to do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Step by Step Procedure
- Beginner’s Tip to do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose)
- Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Benefits
- Step By Step Instructions To Do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Video
- Follow-up poses
- Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Precautions
What is Paschimottanasana Yoga Pose (Seated forward bend pose)
It is one of the 12 original asanas of Hatha Yoga and also part of the Ashtanga yoga series. This asana is also described in “Shiva Samhita.” Paschimottanasana is also known to balance the soul in the body. The name of this posture is Paschimottanasana consisting of three words from the Sanskrit language – Paschim + Uttana + Asana.
- Paschim: – West direction or Back
- Uttana: – Sharp stretch or straight
- Asana: – Pose or Posture
It is also called “Seated Forward Bend Pose.” While practicing Paschimottanasana, the back of the body (i.e., spine) is stretched; hence it is called Paschimottanasana. Along with this, it gives an excellent stretch to your spine from your calf to your hamstrings (back of thighs). For those who have diabetes problems, Paschimottanasana acts like a panacea and helps relieve this disease symptoms. Also, this asana is considered very beneficial for people suffering from high blood pressure.
- Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana or Half Bound Lotus Standing Forward Bend Pose
- Utkatasana or Chair Pose
- Virabhadrasana or Warrior Pose
- Dandasana or Staff Pose
How to do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Step by Step Procedure
There are many benefits of yoga, yoga brings positivity, and at the same time, it cures diseases and keeps you healthy. Yoga only benefits when you do it properly, then let us know What are the Steps of Paschimottanasana Pose–
- First of all, Lay yoga mats on the ground and sit with your legs spread forward.
- Make sure that in this position, both legs are adjacent, and the knees should remain straight.
- Keep in mind that during the practice of this Asana, the head, neck, and spine should also be straightforward.
- Now raise both hands upwards, then while exhaling slowly, bend forward and try to hold the thumbs of the feet with hands while keeping the forehead close to the knees.
- Make sure that the knees are not bent even while bending forward.
- Try to remain in this position for a few seconds and keep breathing at average speed.
- Finally, take a deep breath, return to your initial state, and repeat this Asana 3 to 4 times.
Beginner’s Tip to do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose)
Before practicing Paschimottanasan, it is also very important to know some important things related to it, so that it gives positive benefits.
- Do not exert too much force on your body during the initial exercise. Complete the exercise in less time and gradually increase the time of exercise.
- Understand each step of yoga closely and then apply it.
- In addition, attention should be paid to the process of breathing and exhaling with each step.
- Initial practice should be done with an instructor.
Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Benefits
Seated forward bend pose is one of the advanced yoga methods, which has many health benefits; If you read the health benefits of Paschimottanasana pose, you would like to do this yoga pose every day because it keeps all the internal organs of your body strong and healthy. This posture is a boon for a person who desires good health. So let us know, What are the Benefits of Paschimottanasana Yoga pose (Seated forward bend pose)–
1. May help prevent sinus
Sinus problems can also be prevented by practicing the Paschimottanasana Yoga pose. Actually, sinus is a respiratory system-related disorder in which the patient feels difficulty in breathing. At the same time, yoga actions that emphasize breathing prove beneficial in this problem.
Seated forward bend pose is also a posture in which, like other asanas, special attention is paid to the breathing and exhalation process. For this reason, we can say that it can provide easy relief to sinus problems. But At present, no concrete evidence is available in this regard.
2. May reduce high blood pressure
Problems such as high blood pressure may be encountered due to uncontrolled blood flow. The practice of Seated forward bend pose plays a vital role in controlling the blood flow and helping to maintain the overall health of the body. For this reason, it can be said that the practice of Paschimottanasana may prove helpful for those struggling with the issue of high blood pressure.
3. May help improve digestion
The benefits of performing Paschimottanasana can also be obtained in strengthening the digestive power by eliminating digestive problems. According to experts, the practice of this Asana of yoga improves the performance of various body parts. It also helps to remove disorders associated with the digestive and excretory (bowel movement) system. Thus, it can be said that regular practice of Paschimottanasan can help in healing the disorganized digestive system.
4. May prevent headache problem
Regular practice of Seated forward bend pose can help relieve conditions like stress, anxiety, and depression. At the same time, experts also believe that along with the mental problems mentioned above, it can also help relax the mind. For this reason, it can be thought that the benefits of doing Paschimottanasana in the headache that develops due to Anxiety and stress can prove to be beneficial to a great extent.
5. May Relieve Mild Depression and Stress
Talking about the benefits of Paschimottanasan, positive results of this Asana can be seen in mild depression and stress. Research related to mental health by the International Journal of Yoga confirms that the practice of Paschimottanasan can help overcome physical problems and control brain health, including depression and stress. Issues are also included.
6. May help Problems such as Anxiety
Paschimottanasana can give beneficial results in eliminating many mental problems such as depression and stress. In addition, anxiety is also mentioned in these mental problems, an essential mental stress factor. In such a situation, it would not be wrong to say that regular practice of Paschimottasana can also provide relief in eliminating the problem of anxiety.
7. May prevent problems like fatigue
Many poses of yoga are considered helpful in maintaining energy flow and blood flow in the body. These Yogasanas also include Paschimottanasana.
At the same time, research conducted in this regard suggests that the practice of this Yogasana directly shows effective results in relieving physical fatigue.
For this reason, it can be believed that regular exercise of Paschimottanasan helps in transmitting energy in the body by increasing blood flow, which can prove beneficial for the problem of fatigue.
Also Read: 20 Best Protein Rich Foods
8. May helpful in the problem of obesity
According to experts, positive effects of yoga can also be seen in getting rid of increasing weight, for which many poses are suggested. Paschimottanasana is also mentioned in these suggestions. For this reason, it can be said that Paschimottanasana can be brought into regular practice even to reduce weight.
Also, it is vital to keep in mind that special care should also be taken off the normal routine and balanced diet along with yoga practice. It is only after this that meaningful benefits of this yoga practice can be achieved in losing weight.
9. May helpful in relieving insomnia
Research related to yoga conducted by the Brazilian Association of Sleep has found that the practice of Paschimottanasana and other yoga poses can also relieve insomnia problems. In such a situation, regular practice of this Asana can prove to be an excellent option to get relief from insomnia problems.
Step By Step Instructions To Do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Video
- Ardha Matsyendrasana
- Purvottanasana or Upward Plank Pose
Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) Precautions
Along with knowing how to perform Paschimottanasana Yoga Pose (Seated forward bend pose) and what are the benefits of Paschimottanasana Pose, it is also essential to know about some precautions related to it, let us know what safeguards and precautions a person should take while doing Seated forward bend pose, So now let’s know Who should not do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose)?
- Pregnant women are advised not to do this, Asana.
- People suffering from scouring should not attempt this Asana.
- You should not practice this yoga if you have a problem in the waist or have a problem with the spine’s bones.
- Those who have neck pain should not do Paschimottanasana Posture.
- If there is any surgery in the body, then this Asana should be avoided.
- Paschimottanasan should not be practiced if any part of the stomach has been operated.
- If you have trouble doing this, you can do this Asana by sitting on a cushion or round pillow.
- If you have leg cramps in any way during this Asana, you should immediately stop doing this Asana, do not force yourself to do this Asana.
- Before doing any pose or pranayama, be sure to consult a yoga expert whether you are doing this yoga properly or not.
After knowing all these qualities, we hope you will never have to say how to do Paschimottanasana Yoga (Seated forward bend pose) And What are its Benefits, Steps & precautions.
To stay connected with us, you can subscribe to our site, through which you will get to read our articles first. To subscribe to the website, you must press the bell icon given below, if you have already subscribed to us, then you do not need to do this again and again.