Know Running During Periods Good or Bad? And it’s Benefits: Three to four days of periods are painful for every woman. During these three-four days, he has had many physical problems like pain in the stomach, waist, legs, head, etc. Along with having painful cramps during periods, the issue of headache, fatigue, vomiting, nausea, tiredness, stress, irritation, irritability, etc., can be seen.
Experts recommend that one should be physically active even during periods, but some women cannot bear the pain during this period and lie in bed all day. Although many women do some light exercises, yoga, or workouts to get relief during periods, some women are afraid of doing activities or any light exercise.
Often this question arises in the mind of those women, who do exercises like walking, running every day, whether it is right to run during periods or not? Let us know whether running should be done during periods or not, what can be the advantages and disadvantages of doing so.
Running during periods good or bad?
Yes you can run during periods. It is good for your health and pelvic pain during periods. Aerobic exercise can help reduce the symptoms of PMS. Running is also one of the aerobic exercises.
If you want to do running exercise even during periods, then you can do it. Studies have also revealed that exercising for 30 minutes during periods provides relief from physical pain. This will do you no harm. It will only help in reducing the pain.
Running can get rid of these pains when you are troubled by pain like back, thighs, abdominal cramps, and cramps during menstruation. Running is a mild exercise, which increases blood circulation in the body. Yes, if you are running, then definitely consume liquids like juice, water, etc.
Benefits of running during periods
According to health experts, one can do running during periods. Running during periods also relieves pain, because when your body moves, your body produces endorphins, which are natural pain killers. So let’s know what are the benefits of running during periods?
1. Helpful in relieving pelvic pain
Benefits of running during periods include relieving pelvic pain. Doing aerobic exercise during this time helps reduce the risks of pelvic pain to some extent. Explain that running is also included in aerobic exercise.
Aerobic exercise, including brisk walking, running, can be beneficial for relieving menstrual discomfort. These exercises can help produce an analgesic, i.e., pain-relieving effect in the body. On this basis, it can be assumed that running during aerobic exercise can relieve pelvic pain.
2. Increase endorphin hormone level
The endorphin hormone acts as a deterrent in women’s bodies and helps reduce pain and fatigue. When you run, the level of endorphins in the body increases. It helps in relieving period pain, fatigue, stress.
3. Relieve PMS Symptoms
The reduction in PMS symptoms is also counted among the benefits of running during the period. Women suffering from PMS get relief from these symptoms by doing aerobic exercise. An exercise is a good option for relieving menstrual pain, including aerobic activities such as running, brisk walking, playing tennis. The symptoms of PMS are seen less in comparison to running women. Based on all these facts, it can be assumed that the benefits of running during a period can be seen in getting relief from the symptoms of PMS.
4. Improve mood
Improvement of mood is also seen as a benefit of running during the period. Physical activity can affect the mechanism of brain endorphins, which can lead to changes in mood. Apart from this, doing physical activity during this time helps improve the mood and stay full of energy.
5. Keep you active during the period
Some women feel more tired and lethargic after ovulation due to falling estrogen levels and rising progesterone hormones. In such a situation, aerobic exercise is considered helpful to feel active. We have already mentioned that aerobic exercise also includes brisk walking and running. Based on this, running during periods can help in staying active.
6. Increase stamina
When women run during their period, it develops stamina in them. During menstruation, there is a deficiency of female hormones in women, due to which there is fatigue and weakness. Running during menstruation can get rid of all these problems.
Tips for running during your period
- It is always important to stay hydrated while running. If you are running during your period, it is essential to drink fluids. As a general estimate, be sure to drink four to six ounces of fluid every 20 minutes while running.
- If you choose to run during your period, it’s also essential to get enough rest. Get plenty of sleep and rest at least one day per week so your body can recharge before running again.
- It is important to do dynamic stretches before running, as they can warm you up for cardio training. Apart from this, stretching can also help you get relief from period cramps.
- You can include a friend, colleague, or relative while running during your period because exercising with other people will motivate you to exercise daily and help you stay active.
- A healthy diet is essential to eat while running during your period; you can include whole foods like fruits, grains, and fresh vegetables. Plus, eating a healthy diet and limiting salt intake can reduce bloating and abdominal discomfort during your period.
- Taking care of your menstrual hygiene before, during, and after running is essential, so choosing the right products can help you feel more comfortable while running during your period.
- It is essential to keep breathing normally while running during periods. For this, breathe through both your mouth and nose, don’t just breathe through your nose, as this can restrict your breathing and limit the amount of oxygen you can take in.
Friends, we hope you have liked this post about Running During Periods Good or Bad? and can we run during periods. It is our endeavor that we give you all Health-related problems solutions.
If you liked our post Health Related, please share this post (Running During Periods Benefits) with your family or friends so that they can also benefit from it. If you have any problem with Running During Periods Good or Bad, then Please share your feedback and thoughts in the comment section. We would love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting OURLIFEMANTRA.