Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Steps, Benefits, and Precautions: In the fast-paced life and hectic life of cities, it has become a little challenging to take care of health, which has led to many physical and mental problems in people’s lives, such as stress, tension, depression, and insomnia. There are many pranayamas and asanas under Yoga that have countless benefits which can be overcome by doing all these problems.
One of these asanas is Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose). In this article, you will know what is Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose), how to do Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) and what are the benefits of Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) and what is the right way to do Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose). so, let’s start-
- What is Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose)?
- Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Benefits
- Preparatory Poses
- How To Do Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Step By Step Procedure
- Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Step By Step Instructions
- Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Precautions
- Follow-up Poses
What is Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose)?
Sarvangasana or shoulder stand pose is a yoga pose in which your entire body is balanced on the shoulders. Sarvangasana is a Sanskrit word made up of three words – sarva-anga-asana.
Sarva – All complete.
Anga – Part of the body.
Asana – being in a posture or a particular position.
Sarvangasana Hatha is one of the best and most important asanas in yoga. Its practice practices the whole body, and that is why it is called Sarvangasana. Although every yoga asana has its benefits, Sarvangasana is yoga that benefits all parts of your body. This asana is beneficial for everyone, from children to adults; it is helpful for women.
In this asana, the balance of the entire body is maintained with the help of the shoulders. This asana keeps a person mentally and physically healthy; Sarvangasana is also known as the mother of all asanas asanas” asanas. This asana is highly beneficial in maintaining mental and physical health.
Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Benefits
Sarvangasana is one of the advanced yoga methods, which has many health benefits; If you read the health benefits of Sarvagangasana, you would like to do this yoga posture every day because it keeps all the internal organs of your body strong and healthy. This asana is a boon for a person who desires good health. So let us know, What are the Sarvangasana Benefits (Shoulder Stand Pose Benefits)–
1. Helps in the treatment of asthma or sinusitis
The benefits of Sarvangasana can also be seen in relieving the problem of asthma and sinusitis or gingivitis; the practice of this asana increases the capacity of your lungs because the diaphragm, which is the respiratory muscle, works for gravity. This asana relieves the stomach, and therefore it helps in the treatment of asthma. In this asana, toxins are removed from the respiratory system, which improves the respiratory system.
2. Helps in reducing emotional and mental stress
Practicing this asana leads to blood circulation back to the brain, which helps increase blood circulation in the body. Doing this sharpens the mind, improves memory, and relieves the problem of emotional and mental stress.
3. Helps in improving digestion
Doing this asana removes all kinds of digestive problems. This asana works in controlling irritable bowel syndrome and is also beneficial in relieving constipation. It is also helpful in removing the pain of hemorrhoids.
4. Helps in increasing metabolism
Practicing this asana helps improve the supply of fresh blood to these parts and the entire circulatory system, thereby improving metabolism and the pool of blood to the head area, i.e. brain, eye, ear, nose and throat, thereby improving their functioning. Therefore, pelvic and abdominal area and circulation to those performing this asana improve ear, throat, and nose diseases.
5. Sarvangasana helps in increasing eyesight
By doing this asana, stable blood from the lower parts of the body, i.e. feet and stomach, reaches the brain, causing eyesight to heal.
6. Strengthens the shoulders, neck, waist or back and spine
In this asana, the lower area of the body, i.e. legs and waist, is raised, putting the body’s weight on the neck and shoulders, which increases the vein passing through the channel and increases the flexibility of the neck, and makes the spine healthy and flexible. Goes with which they get strength and relief in waist and neck pain, and neck-related problems also go away.
7. Heal Varicose Veins
A varicose vein is a problem in which the veins of the feet become thick and appear protruding on the skin. This asana also gives a lot of rest to the feet.
8. Enhances the appearance of the face and reduces wrinkles:
Regular practice of this asana increases blood circulation on the face, giving you a glow on your face and enhancing the facial refines and reducing wrinkles.
9. Controls the problem of hair loss:
Practicing this asana eliminates or controls hair loss and premature greying of hair.
10. Helps in activating thyroid and parathyroid glands:
The thyroid is a gland present in the throat. This gland acts as a hormone to improve a person’s metabolism and growth. Sometimes the negative effect on it causes thyroid problems; it enhances the functioning of the thyroid, parathyroid, and pituitary glands due to increased bleeding.
All other endocrine glands are controlled by the pituitary gland and improve the overall function of the endocrine system. Continuous practice of Sarvangasana completely cures the thyroid problem. Doing this puts pressure on the thyroid gland, and the thyroid gland becomes active, causing the gland to function correctly. It also helps in eliminating other throat-related diseases.
- Veerasana or Hero Pose
- Halasan or Plow Pose
- Setu Bandhasana or Bridge Pose
How To Do Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Step By Step Procedure
There are many benefits of yoga, yoga brings positivity, and at the same time, it cures diseases and keeps you healthy. Yoga only benefits when you do it properly, then let us know the Steps of Sarvangasana Pose–
- First, lay a yoga mat in a clean open environment.
- So that the body gets clean oxygen while performing this asana.
- Now lie down on your back on the yoga mat to do this asana.
- Both hands and feet should be directly on the ground.
- Place the palms on the ground, and both legs should be directly attached.
- Now inhale slowly and lift both legs, hips and waist slowly upwards.
- Raise your waist and back, place the elbows of both hands on the ground and support your waist with palms.
- Keep in mind that both your legs stay straight while doing this, don’t let your knees bend.
- In this asana, the entire weight of the body will be on the shoulders and head.
- While doing this, touch the chin with the chest.
- Keep the area from your shoulder to elbow close to the ground and keep your face towards the sky or toe.
- Stabilize your body and stay in this posture for a while to the extent of your ability.
- Keep the breath normal.
- To come out of Sarvangasana, bring down the waist and legs slowly and place your hands on the ground.
- Come to your infancy.
Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Step By Step Instructions
Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Precautions
Along with knowing how to perform Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) and what are the benefits of Sarvangasana Pose, it is also essential to know about some precautions related to it, let us know what safeguards and precautions a person should take while doing Shoulder Stand Pose So now let’s know Who should not do Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose)?
- During periods of menstruation, women should avoid doing Sarvangasana.
- Moreover, this asana should be done only after consulting a doctor in those days.
- This asana should not be done by pregnant women also.
- You should not practice this asana if you have back or back pain or have high blood pressure, spondylitis (Spondylitis).
- Do not do this asana if you have asthma or respiratory disease.
- If you are finding it difficult to do this asana, you can use pillows under the waist.
- It would be best if you did not put more emphasis on your physical capacity.
- If you have a glaucoma problem in your eyes, you should avoid doing Sarvangasana.
- The benefits of Sarvangasana are high, but it is a little challenging to do asanas. Therefore, this asana should be done under the guidance of a yoga teacher.
- Shavasana or Corpse pose
- Sirsasana or Headstand
- Chakrasana or Wheel Pose
Friends, we hope you have liked this post about Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) Steps, Benefits, and Precautions. It is our endeavor that we give you all Health-related problems solutions.
If you liked our health-related post, please share this post-Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose) with your family or friends so that they can also benefit from it. Hope that the information given in the article was beneficial for you. If you face any problems with doing Sarvangasana Yoga (Shoulder Stand Pose), then please share your feedback and thoughts in the comment section. We would love to hear from you. For more information related to health, you can read our other articles. Thanks for visiting OURLIFEMANTRA.