Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Steps, Benefits and Precautions: Yoga is considered beneficial for overall health, and whether it is for mental health or physical strength, yoga is said to be helpful for both body and mind. Today people like to incorporate many yoga asanas into their daily routine for better health. One of them is Uttanasana.
In this article you will learn what is Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend), how to do Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend), and what are the health benefits of Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) and what is the right way to do Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend), So without wasting time, let us know in detail the way Uttanasana Pose is performed and the benefits it brings.
- What Is Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend)?
- Preparatory Poses
- How to do Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Step By Step Procedure
- Beginner’s Tip
- Advanced Pose Variation
- Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Benefits
- Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Steps By Steps Instructions Yoga For Adriene
- Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Precautions
- Follow-up Poses
What Is Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend)?
The name of this asana is also derived from Sanskrit, like other yoga asanas. The words Uttanasana are made up of three words and the first “Utta” means intense, “tan” means extension, and “asana,” which means asana or mudra.
This asana is also known as Hastapadasana, known as a fast forward-bending pause in English, permanent forward bend, and standing forward fold pause (Standing Forward Bend). This asana is a classic yoga from the orderly ways of Surya Namaskar. It is good yoga to cause cramps in the muscles of the body.
Style: Hatha Yoga
Duration: 20 to 30 seconds
Stretches: Hips, Hamstrings, Calves
Strengthens: Knees, Thighs
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Supta Padangusthasana
How to do Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Step By Step Procedure
For doing any asana, you should choose a good place where you feel comfortable practising yoga; making yourself feel comfortable is the initial yoga stage. So Now Let’s know Steps Of Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)–
- To do Uttanasana, lay a yoga mat in a clean place and stand in tadasana or straight.
- Then place both your hands on your waist while breathing inward.
- Now bend down, bending your body from the waist, exhaling your breath outwards.
- Keep your torso straight turn around the waist.
- Try to touch the ground by removing both your hands from the waist.
- Allow your head to hang in an independent position and not create any force on your neck.
- Try to connect your head to your feet.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds by your ability.
- Now take your breath in and straighten your waist for your initial arrival.
As a beginner, it can be challenging to increase body stretch. To make it easier, gently bend your knees, and imagine sinking into the back of the pelvis, and try to reduce the distance between your tailbone and pubis. As you feel an obstacle, try to move the top part of your thighs backward and push the heel down. Straighten your knees. But make sure you do not lock your knees until you have straightened them.
Advanced Pose Variation
If you want to stretch your legs and back muscles more, you can practice this by standing on top of your toes or raising your heel half an inch.
Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Benefits
Yoga can relieve many types of physical and mental problems, so let us know, What are the Benefits of Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend)–
1. Cure back pain
When we do this asana, we have to bend up to our knees, due to which our waist muscles are cramped, which helps in curing back pain. Uttanasana is beneficial for those who sit for long hours. This asana helps strengthen the reed bone. Regular practice of this yoga relieves stiffness of your spine, neck and back.
2. Beneficial for headache
In this asana, your head is tilted downwards, which leads to a good circulation of blood in the head. Standing Forward Bend pose relieves problems like headaches and insomnia. Uttanasana helps reduce stress and anxiety.
3. Reduce stress
Uttanasana is a good yoga for reducing your mental stress. However, all yoga asanas help reduce your stress, eliminating your body fatigue and calm the mind by reducing stress.
4. Reduce stomach problem
Almost all diseases that arise in our body are caused by a malfunction in the stomach’s digestive system. In a way, if you do this asana, your abdomen is massaged, and it makes the functioning of the stomach more active.
5. Strengthens the Liver and Kidneys
The liver and kidney are the main organs of our body; they perform essential functions of various types in our body such as storage of nutrients, filtering of substances, discharging waste materials, etc. We get more benefit of food by doing good work of these organs. Uttanasana is an excellent asana to keep the liver and kidneys healthy.
6. Beneficial For High Blood Pressure
Standing Forward Bend pose helps in hypertension, and it stimulates asthma, osteoporosis, sinusitis, and spleen. Its regular practice improves your health.
7. Strengthens your thighs and knees
It is good yoga for widening your hips; in addition to that, it also clogs your back, piddly, hamstrings. Uttanasana yoga also strengthens your thighs and knees.
8. Help Menstrual problem
This asana is very beneficial in eliminating infertility. It increases the fertility of our bodies. It helps in eliminating the menstrual problem in women. Therefore, regular practice is necessary.
Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Steps By Steps Instructions Yoga For Adriene
Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) Precautions
Along with knowing how to do Standing Forward Bend Pose, it is also necessary to learn about some precautions related to it, let us know what precaution a person should take while performing Uttanasana Pose. So now let’s know Who should not do Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend)?
- Never force yourself to do this asana.
- If you have backache, spinal cord injury, ankle pain, heart problem or hernia, etc., you should not try to do it. Instead, you can do another type of exercise called Ardh-Uttanasana goes.
- If you experience back pain while practicing, stop doing Standing Forward Bend pose and consult a doctor.
Standing poses, Paschimottanasana or Seated forward bend
After knowing all these qualities, we hope you will never have to say how to do Uttanasana Yoga (Standing Forward Bend) And What are its Benefits, Steps & precautions.
To stay connected with us, you can subscribe to our site, through which you will get to read our articles first. To subscribe to the website, you must press the bell icon given below, if you have already subscribed to us, then you do not need to do this again and again.