Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (Warrior 1 Pose) Steps, Benefits, and Precautions: Yoga posture can help improve not only physical but also mental health. That is why in this article of Ourlifemantra, we are talking about Virabhadrasana Yoga.
Here we will explain in detail the benefits of Virabhadrasana, how to do Virabhadrasana Pose, and the precautions related to it. At the same time, everyone needs to know that yoga is necessary to be done under the supervision of an expert to take advantage of its health. In addition, yoga posture is benefited only if it is included in the regular routine and a healthy diet is followed.
- What is Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose)
- Preparatory poses
- How To Do Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose) Step by Step Instructions
- Virabhadrasana 1 ( Warrior 1 Pose) Benefits
- Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (Warrior 1 Pose) Step By Step Instructions Yoga With Adriene
- Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior Pose) Precautions
- Right Time To Do Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose)
- Follow-up poses
- The Science Behind The Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (Warrior 1 Pose)
Duration: 20 seconds on each leg
Strengthens: Ankles, Thighs, Shoulders, Calves, Arms, Back
Stretches: Ankles, Navel, Groin, Thighs, Shoulders, Lungs, Calves, Thorax, Neck
Also Read: 8 Effective Yoga For sinus
What is Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose)
Virabhadrasana is a Sanskrit word consisting of two words, the first word “veer,” which means “warrior,” and the second word is “Bhadra,” which means “friend,” and asana means “posture or pose.” This asana was named after the incarnation of Lord Shiva, Abhay Yuddha. The story of the warrior Virbhadra, like other stories of the Upanishads, inspires life.
In yoga science, many asanas are mentioned about keeping human beings healthy and fit. The most prominent of these asanas is Virabhadrasana. In yoga science, Virabhadrasana is called the asana of warriors. This asana is considered to be the basis of power yoga. Virabhadrasana is also known as the Warrior Pose.
- Tadasana Yoga or Mountain Pose
- Malasana Yoga or Garland Pose
- Utkatasana Yoga or Chair Pose
How To Do Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose) Step by Step Instructions
There are many benefits of yoga, yoga brings positivity, and at the same time, it cures diseases and keeps you healthy. Yoga only benefits when you do it properly, then let us know What are the Steps of Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose)–
- Lay a yoga mat and stand straight on it.
- Now come in the tadasana pose.
- Distinguish between the two legs by 3 to 3.5 feet.
- Bring both hands up and bring them parallel to the ground.
- Move the palms of both hands over the head and connect.
- Rotate the right toe at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Then, rotate the left toe at 45 degrees. Keep the feet stable.
- Rotate the upper torso towards the right foot.
- By now, the mouth must have turned at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Make a 90-degree angle by bending the knee of the right foot.
- Bring the right thigh parallel to the floor. The left leg will be straight.
- Tilt the head backward and look up.
- Stay in this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Now come back to the old position.
- All these procedures will now be performed with the other leg as well.
Virabhadrasana 1 ( Warrior 1 Pose) Benefits
Warrior 1 Pose is one of the advanced yoga methods, which has many health benefits; If you read the health benefits of the Virabhadrasana 1 pose, you would like to do this yoga pose every day because it keeps all the internal organs of your body strong and healthy. This posture is a boon for a person who desires good health. So let us know, What are the Benefits of Virabhadrasana 1 yoga pose (Warrior 1 Pose)–
1. Improves The Function Of The Respiratory System
In Virabhadrasana-1 or Warrior Pose-1, both hands are stretched by moving them over the head. While the stretch coming from the head goes up to the chest and diaphragm. In this asana, the diaphragm has to be kept stable.
The diaphragm muscles begin to shrink as the hands stretch, and the chest is stretched deeply. This shrinkage activates all the breathing organs. The body’s consciousness begins to become deep erased and slow due to the gas passing through the lungs.
Virabhadrasana-1 or Warrior Pose-1 has a better movement of fresh air going into the body. The freshness of the air also keeps the path of the respiratory tract clear. It also prevents any allergy.
2. Improves The Circulatory System
When virabhadrasana-1 is done, the air goes in large quantities through the nasal passage. This air also puts deep pressure on the diaphragm through the throat. Fresh oxygen with breath goes inside the body, which speeds up the flow of blood.
This fresh air and spinal cord or deep dilation in the spine makes the heart start beating faster. An active communication system is vital for good metabolism. This produces the hormone that develops the entire body in a balanced manner.
3. Keeps the muscles of the entire body fit
In Virabhadrasana-1, the lower body gets a deep stretch. By practicing this asana, the leg muscles such as,
- Fleshy part of hips or Gluteus Maximus
- Shin or Quadriceps
- Thigh muscles or Hamstrings
- Inner thigh muscles or adductors Of The Inner Thighs
Stretching the upper part of the body also helps keep the muscles around the spine or spine in good shape.
Also Read: 7 Effective Yoga for Varicocele
4. Makes joints better
Virabhadrasana-1 has to bend knees, ankles, hips, shoulders, elbows, neck, and entire spine. This strengthens the whole muscles of these organs. At the same time, the joints around them become more substantial due to shrinkage.
5. Flexes The Hip, Knee, And Ankles
Since the legs have to be removed to perform Virabhadrasana-1, it is more than the distance from the hips. In this case, the hips, knees, and ankles have to work together to form a balance since knees and ankles have to be folded to improve this asana.
Bending the hips acts like the base of this asana, and turning the hips here brings many benefits. This provides balance to the posture well as the benefits associated with the body.
6. May help internal organs function well
By practicing this asana, the muscles in the lower abdomen and the digestive system, and genital muscles start working well. This not only relieves digestive problems but also causes the powers of the genitals to function well.
Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (Warrior 1 Pose) Step By Step Instructions Yoga With Adriene
Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior Pose) Precautions
Along with knowing how to perform Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga Pose (Warrior 1 Pose) and what are the benefits of Virabhadrasana 1 Pose, it is also essential to know about some precautions related to it, let us know what safeguards and precautions a person should take while doing Warrior 1 Pose, So now let’s know Who should not do Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (Warrior 1 Pose)?
- Do not do these posture when there is a pain in the spine.
- This asana should not be done even if there is a severe illness.
- Virabhadrasana-1 should not be done in case of neck pain.
- Do not raise your hands when there is a problem with shoulder pain.
- Practice on the wall when you have knee pain or arthritis.
- Heart and high blood pressure patients should not do this asana.
- Initially, do Virabhadrasana-1 under the supervision of a yoga trainer.
- You can also do these asanas yourself when you are balanced.
- Always consult a doctor before starting the practice of Virabhadrasana-1.
Also Read: How Much Water Should You Drink a Day
Right Time To Do Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose)
According to experts, Virabhadrasana 1 (Warrior 1 Pose) is considered best when yogis practice this mudra in the morning. This should be done in the morning because the food is digested, and at the same time, the body has the energy to do asanas in the morning. For some reason, if you cannot practice it in the morning, then you can practice this asana in the evening. But at least keep a gap of 3 to 5 hours between your practice and food.
- Virabhadrasana 2 or The Warrior Pose 2
- Dandasana or Staff Pose
- Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Bend
- Purvottanasana or Upward Plank Pose
The Science Behind The Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (Warrior 1 Pose)
Science says that the warrior one pose is perfect for your hands, shoulders, and feet. It also strengthens the muscles. It can also help you focus and ease symptoms of some neurological conditions. This asana opens the chest, making it easier for you to breathe.
A healthy body has a healthy mind. Virabhadrasana-1 not only activates metabolism but also helps to keep your mind stable. To practice Virabhadrasana-1, your feet and quadriceps should be strong enough to lift the entire body’s weight. Even if you fall, take a deep breath and praise yourself for your effort, and practice again. In the early stages, you must seek guidance from a qualified yoga teacher to do this asana.
After knowing all these qualities, we hope you will never have to say how to do Virabhadrasana 1 Yoga (Warrior 1 Pose) And What are its Benefits, Steps & precautions.
To stay connected with us, you can subscribe to our site, through which you will get to read our articles first. To subscribe to the website, you must press the bell icon given below, if you have already subscribed to us, then you do not need to do this again and again.